Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Moving! Only really...

Wow.,so much has happened since march last year. I'm so glad I started the packing purge because Korey retired from the air force nov. 1. It wasn't planned out previously...we found out it was approved sept. 1. Korey went on terminal leave a couple of weeks later, right after a veterans retreat in North Carolina. On his flight he met the CEO for SnapAV. They got talking and Craig told Korey to call him for an interview. Korey thought not much of it but when he told me I just. Knew. It was a long drawn out process but after several phone interviews an interview in Charlotte NC where the company is located, and more phone chats, and several months of prolonged faith testing agony Korey was offered the job. I'm writing this from a hotel in north platte Nebraska. We put the house on the market in November, it's still there waiting for it's next family. Hopefully it sells soon. We are on a cross country road trip in a Penske truck hauling our car behind us. I had purged several times between March and November and then we had a big yard sale, and packed 3/4 of the house up and put it in storage so,the house would sell easier. It was such an easy move really since I had done so many smaller size pushes. We got the truck loaded in about 5 hours, and got to spend Friday night and Saturday with friends and family saying goodbye. And a mini crisis home repair...ok so still have one repair that Judy is making sure is taken care of so we could go. There's always something. True amazingly awesome friends stepping up and taking care--Judy said get on the road and we will figure it out. I'm blessed. I got to see most of my friends before leaving 2 I needed to but did not. Things happened so fast at the end I couldn't get away. I know I have them forever though and I will see them when I come back into town. 
Right now everything we own is on a 26 foot truck...crazy! We have a cute little apartment we are headed to with a 6 month lease. I think it will be fun to have an apartment for a bit,get better at my organization out of necessity, and walk the dogs a few times a day because I can't just throw them out in the back yard! It will be good for my mental and physical health. I'm heart broken leaving family and friends. I'm excited for an adventure. Impressed at how low my anxiety has been today, how calm and relaxed despite my sore butt for sitting for 12 hours. Tomorrow I will drive for a few hours. That should be interesting. But as I told Korey I will never be comfortable with it unless I drive it. He can't do all 5 days. Even if we have split up the drive. The 12 hour push day today was 12 hours but 3 short of where I wanted to be because of winds and hills in Wyoming. We made up some time in Nebraska. But I'm hoping my shorter days of 7 hours don't mean 10. I guess we will see. Hoping we make it to St. Louis tomorrow. On our way to our new home in matthews North Carolina. Our new apartment home. Or as Jilly says "our new house, and by house I mean apartment"
So,I will keep making whatever house we are in a home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment